QuietOn Sleep- Snore Cancelling Earbuds: FAQs
Does QuietOn Sleep cancel sound of snoring?
- YES. This is exactly what it was designed to do. QuietOn is the first (and only) earbuds programmed to find and cancel (erase) the specific low frequency sounds of snoring to the greatest possible extent.
- Other high frequency sounds such as an alarm or fire alarm will be reduced but you will be able to hear it.
- You can review the graph on the product page which explains how much snoring noise QuietOn Sleep can reduce.
Can I hear the alarm clock while wearing QuietOn Sleep?
- Yes. You just need to make sure to turn up the volume of your alarm tone to make sure you hear it. You can test this before going to bed.
Does QuietOn Sleep make total silence?
- No. No earplug or any other device can make total silence. However, it is still the most effective solution to cancel sounds of snoring and other noises disturbing your sleep.
- Active noise cancelling technology uses a microphone to sample the sound, and a speaker to create a phase-shifted sound that cancels the original sound. It's different from using white noise to mask the original noise.
How long does the Battery charge last?
- QuietOn's charge will last for 20 hours of use so you can slumber as long as you want to in silence.
- Most earbuds will only hold a charge for 4-6 hours, which wouldn’t last through even one full night.
What's the battery lifetime? Can I switch the battery?
According to the battery manufacturer, the battery will last for thousands of charging cycles. In normal use this would mean several decades. For this reason, the battery is rechargeable and can't be replaced.
Why are QuietOn earbuds so expensive?
- The QuietOn snore cancelling technology is the first of its kind in the world.
- QuietOn are the only earbuds designed to block out the specific frequency associated with snoring.
- A lot of research and design went into these earbuds and ensuring they are safe, comfortable, and work!
- Although the price might seem high, it comes out to less than $1 a day to get the restful, peaceful sleep you deserve.
- There is less waste generated by these re-usable earbuds than with typical foam earplugs which are not as comfortable or as effective.
How do the QuietOn earbuds work?
QuietOn employs active noise cancelling technology which uses a microphone to sample the sound and a speaker to produce an opposing sound wave that acts like a noise eraser.
Can I connect QuietOn Sleep to my phone?
No, QuietOn Sleep is designed to bring you a better night's sleep. There is no Bluetooth or any kind of radio connection. Music playback is not supported. No connectivity and no radio or bluetooth means NO radiation, which means there are no health concerns.
Can I sleep when I lie on the side?
Yes. QuietOn Sleep is the smallest noise canceling earbud in the world designed to maximize the sleeping comfort. There are different ear tips of different sizes for you to pick the right fit and enjoy the best experience when sleeping.
What is the benefit of QuietOn Sleep?
QuietOn Sleep is super small and soft, which makes it comfortable to wear while sleeping. The active noise cancellation has been optimized for snoring and sounds coming through walls. These sounds can't be blocked by normal passive earplugs. In case you still want to hear surrounding sounds while wearing QuietOn Sleep you can easily switch to hearing mode.
How do I insert and use the QuietOn Sleep earplugs correctly?
QuietOn Sleep needs to be in the correct position and have a proper seal in the ear for it to work. You'll know they are properly inserted once you reach the 'under water' kind of sound experience.
What is QuietOn Sleep made of?
Plastic (Polyamide, Polycarbonate, ABS), Silicone, Polyurethane Rubber, Stainless Steel and Gold.
How long does it take to charge QuietOn Sleep?
Charging takes around an hour. Blue indicator lights turn off when charging is completed.
What comes in the box?
The QuietOn Sleep retail kit will include the QuietOn Sleep earplugs, charging case, charging cable, several sized ear tips for different sized ears and user guide. In other words, everything you need to enjoy your good night's sleep.
Is it safe? How may I read about testing on this product?
Safety Testing: QuietOn Sleep has passed CE certification which indicates conformity with stringent European health, safety, and environmental protection standards. Performance Testing: QuietOn Sleep successfully completed numerous automated audio performance tests controlled by sound engineers to ensure the active noise cancelling achieved satisfactory noise reduction at the frequencies the product was designed for.
Why doesn’t it connect to my cell phone so I can listen to music?
A cell phone has a radio transmitter emitting electromagnetic waves when a call is ongoing or data is transferred. These waves along with Bluetooth technology) are considered potentially harmful to humans and therefore there are safety limits what cell phones are allowed to emit. QuietOn Sleep intentionally doesn't have any radio technology and doesn't emit electromagnetic waves so users can sleep in peace and ensure their health is not at risk.
How do I order replacement ear tips?
The foam ear tips do wear out and will need to be replaced. Replacement ear tips can easily be purchased from our shop here on ZQuiet.com.
Can I order replacement QuietOn parts?
Did you lose or misplace an earbud or storage case? We have a stock of Individual replacement earbuds and storage cases available for purchase. Please call our customer service team at 1-800-281-0543 to place an order.
How Do I Clean my QuietOn Sleep Earbuds?
With regular use the foam eartips may develop some earwax residue and should be cleaned often. Cleaning the eartips is easy using a cotton swab moistened with water after removing them from the main earbud base units. There is a brief YouTube video on how to clean your QuietOn earbuds