Poor quality sleep typically affects everyone at some point due to a variety of factors. It does not discriminate, but it can be worse for some people due to their age, weight, and sleep position. Often poor quality sleep is due to snoring by you or your partner. Snoring occurs when air flows past relaxed tissues in your throat, causing the tissues to vibrate as you breathe and making a loud, harsh, and repetitive noise.
ZQuiet is an industry leader in devices that combat and stop snoring for a better night’s sleep. Though we are most well-known for our anti-snoring mouthpiece, we have a range of snoring solutions, and we recently launched a positional therapy sleep aid. What solution is going to work the best to stop the snoring? Let's explore the options.
Positional Therapy Device
The ZQuiet 2-Size Comfort System Anti-Snoring Mouthpiece Starter Pack provides two separate mouthpieces that advance the lower jaw. The hinged design gives you a comfortable fit and allows you to breathe naturally. Moving the jaw forward widens the airway to prevent the base of your tongue from blocking your airway, effectively quieting the snoring sounds. With its thin and lightweight, BPA-free, medical-grade rubber material, this FDA Cleared mouthpiece is safe to use and usually lasts for about six months. Refills are available.
When positional therapy makes sense?
- Snorers who primarily sleep on their backs
- Snorers who have teeth or jaw issues (who cannot use an anti-snoring mouthpiece);
- Snorers seeking a co-therapy option to pair with an anti-snoring mouthpiece, nasal dilator, or chin strips;
- People with mild obstructive sleep apnea who cannot tolerate CPAP
- People who need to change sleep positions for health reasons, such as pregnant women who must sleep on their sides once they reach a certain point in their pregnancy.
When a mouthpiece makes sense?
- People whose snoring has worsened with age
- Open and closed mouth sleepers
- Overweight snorers
- Back sleepers
- Snorers with a pronounced overbite